Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Happy Birthday, Brother, And The Best Concert You Ever Saw

Today is my brother's birthday. Happy birthday, brother.

That's him on the left, me on the right. The father of our country, George, is in the middle.

My brother's birthday always makes me think of the conversational gambit, What's the best concert you ever saw? I've seen the Who, Paul McCartney, the Sex Pistols, my good friend Mister Muleboy. Others have seen Bruce Springsteen, Elton John in his prime, or even, I suppose, Taylor Swift.

My brother? He saw the Beatles.


Talk about conversation stoppers. Frankly, I don't care who you've seen, unless you were serving hors d'oeuvres at the Last Supper, you're competing for second place.

He saw them fifty years ago today, no less, on his nineteenth birthday. What a birthday. And the internet being what it is, here's the audio of that concert. Have a listen.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Dylan, Dylan, Dylan. Beatles would have nice, too.

Happy B-day to your bro, and tickle George. He looks sad.